While going to your local beauty supply and being able to pick up your favorite bottle of conditioner, shampoo or color, might be easy, why not save yourself a trip and go to your kitchen first. You’d be surprised at the amount of conditioners, cleansers and natural hair dye you may have. So save yourself an extra trip and run to your cabinets first!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- EVOO is great on every hair type. It works as a natural moisturizer, heat protectant, and even adds a nice shine!
- Eggs- eggs can be added to shampoo as an extra boost of protein or event whipped into a conditioner to add strength.
- Apple Cider Vinegar-ACV, although the smell me steer you away is a great clarifier! This is great for anyone with oily hair or dandruff. Once rinsed out with water the smell completely goes away.
- Baking Soda- Rinsing your hair once a week or once every two weeks with baking soda is a great way to break up any build up that may occur from using other products. Baking soda also adds beautiful shine to the hair.
- Honey- honey acts as a natural hair lightener, but don’t expect results over night. The regular use of honey (while mix with other product i.e: conditioner and EVOO) adds strength to the hair while lightening the color over time